You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music is not playing some of my music

Apple Music is not playimg some of my downloaded songs. It keeps saying “item not available” however i have been able to play the exact songs before. As well as this, some songs on the exact same album/playlist plays normally but others do not play at all. Can anyone help?User uploaded file

Posted on Oct 13, 2018 11:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2018 1:20 PM

Hello FreyaLovesMusic,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities!

I understand that certain songs you downloaded are now showing as unavailable. The following steps should help you with this problem:

If your songs appear in light gray text

Your songs might appear in iTunes in light gray text for a variety of reasons. Those reasons include:

• You're not connected to iCloud Music Library. If you see a Disconnected icon in the upper-right corner of iTunes, you're not connected to iCloud Music Library. Click the icon to reconnect.
  • The song isn't in Apple Music or isn't available in your current country or region. These songs also appear in gray if you search for them in Apple Music.
  • Restrictions are turned on for explicit tracks. Learn more about Restrictions.
  • An artist or content provider made changes or edits to an album. You might need to remove the album from your library and add it back from the Apple Music catalog.

About iCloud Music Library icons and status - Apple Support
Best regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 15, 2018 1:20 PM in response to FreyaLovesMusic

Hello FreyaLovesMusic,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities!

I understand that certain songs you downloaded are now showing as unavailable. The following steps should help you with this problem:

If your songs appear in light gray text

Your songs might appear in iTunes in light gray text for a variety of reasons. Those reasons include:

• You're not connected to iCloud Music Library. If you see a Disconnected icon in the upper-right corner of iTunes, you're not connected to iCloud Music Library. Click the icon to reconnect.
  • The song isn't in Apple Music or isn't available in your current country or region. These songs also appear in gray if you search for them in Apple Music.
  • Restrictions are turned on for explicit tracks. Learn more about Restrictions.
  • An artist or content provider made changes or edits to an album. You might need to remove the album from your library and add it back from the Apple Music catalog.

About iCloud Music Library icons and status - Apple Support
Best regards.

Apple Music is not playing some of my music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.