Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod sync option greyed out

I have an older ipod (MA450LL version 1.3) which was working fine and syncing until I had to reinstall windows 10. In the process I had to reinstall itunes and update to a newer version. Now the sync feature is greyed out and the diagnostics test says no ipod found. The diagnostic file indicates that it does indeed see an ipod and gives me a ton of information. Also, I had to sign up for an apple account (something I never had to do in the past) but it still won't let me sync my ipod. Is my device now obsolete?

iPod classic, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 13, 2018 9:00 PM

2 replies

Oct 20, 2018 7:31 AM in response to hoodyup

Maybe something got changed in your Device Preferences...if you go to Edit, Preferences, Devices tab, is the box checked next to "Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically"?

Also, when iTunes is open and your iPod is connected, does your iPod show up? If so, click on the little iPod icon in the left column, which should open up the Options for your iPod. Make sure "Manually manage music and videos" is unchecked.

Ipod sync option greyed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.