Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

update old Logic pro x

Can anyone tell me how to update my 2009 Logic Pro x so it works on my new Macbook Pro?

Posted on Oct 14, 2018 6:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2018 8:34 AM

Hi GiniAmsterdam, what version of macOS does your new MacBook Pro have? If you're talking about running Logic Pro 9 on a Mac with one of the most recent versions of macOS (Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave), that won't be possible. Unfortunately, old 32-bit capable apps have been discontinued starting with Sierra (10.12.x), if I remember correctly. You'll need to upgrade to Logic Pro X, which can be purchased through App Store. It's totally worth it, by the way, although it would require a bit of adjustment.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2018 8:34 AM in response to GiniAmsterdam

Hi GiniAmsterdam, what version of macOS does your new MacBook Pro have? If you're talking about running Logic Pro 9 on a Mac with one of the most recent versions of macOS (Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave), that won't be possible. Unfortunately, old 32-bit capable apps have been discontinued starting with Sierra (10.12.x), if I remember correctly. You'll need to upgrade to Logic Pro X, which can be purchased through App Store. It's totally worth it, by the way, although it would require a bit of adjustment.

update old Logic pro x

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.