Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to activate, An update is required.

Hello.

i have an unlocked iPhone 7. been using it for 2 years. Upon updating it to iOS 12, the following message appears:

User uploaded file

When I try to connect it to iTunes, It doesn't appear as it shows another activation error message like the following:

User uploaded file

Apple chat couldnt solve it.

Note: the iphone is unlocked. out of warranty, and with valid sim-card trials each with a different sim card.

Any help please? ive done everything.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Oct 14, 2018 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2018 8:34 AM

Where did you buy the phone? I wonder if it has the logicboard issue mentioned here: https://www.apple.com/support/iphone-7-no-service/

~Lyssa

5 replies

Oct 14, 2018 8:42 AM in response to Lyssa

Very helpful, Lyssa! it appears that my iPhone is eligible based on the model, will need to be examined by Apple first after sending it later. Again, Thank you.

One last question since you're here, Although the iPhone model is A1660, I am currently living in none of the mentioned countries, I'm staying in Malaysia. do you think that Apple service providers would still be of help? are they obligated to fix it regardless of the country of purchase since they are "Apple service providers"?

Oct 14, 2018 10:04 AM in response to AnasGui

They are not required to help you and may not be able to if that model wasn't sold there. It is worth making an appointment at a local store and asking, but don't be surprised if they tell you they are unable to help.

The iPhone's warranty and service coverage, including out-of-warranty service and these extended repair programs, is often restricted to the country of purchase.

~Lyssa

Unable to activate, An update is required.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.