Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Xs Charging slow

Anyone still having issues charging iPhone since the latest version update? My phone charge 30% in an hour to me that seems very slow hence full battery would take over three hours is this normal? Doesn’t sound right to me with £1000 new phone..??? Taking it to Apple and they said its fine now anyone frustrated like me?

Posted on Oct 14, 2018 8:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2018 8:13 AM

Charging an iPhone completely can take 2,5-3 hours, or even more, depending on temperature and/or if you're charging it via charger or via USB on a computer.

Just a suggestion: don't let your battery go down below 15-20%. Charge your iphone over night every night, and don't be worried about overcharging it (when battery reaches 100%, iPhone stops charging it).

Regards

Giulio

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2018 8:13 AM in response to DebsJx

Charging an iPhone completely can take 2,5-3 hours, or even more, depending on temperature and/or if you're charging it via charger or via USB on a computer.

Just a suggestion: don't let your battery go down below 15-20%. Charge your iphone over night every night, and don't be worried about overcharging it (when battery reaches 100%, iPhone stops charging it).

Regards

Giulio

Oct 19, 2018 11:07 AM in response to DebsJx

The capacity of an iPhone 6 battery is 1810 mAh and the iPhone Xs is 2658 mAh so you can't really compare the two for how fast they charge. You can purchase a USB-C power adapter and a lightning to USB-C cable to get a faster charging option. You can also purchase a 12W USB power adapter (the same one that comes with an iPad) that will charge faster than the 5W one that comes with your iPad.

iPhone Xs Charging slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.