Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My android cannot connect to iPhone XS hotspot

My LG cellphone cannot connect to my iPhone XS (12.0.1) hotspot. During connecting it get fail to authentication and connecting to XS. Asks password again and again. Herewith it has great connecting to iphone 8 hotspot and another wifi points. Another androids and laptops connect to XS hotspot correctly. It works successful. How can I fix that?

iPhone XS, iOS 12.0.1, At&t hotspot option

Posted on Oct 14, 2018 12:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2018 7:42 PM

I am having the same issue. Windows and Apple Laptops connect fine to the iPhone xs Hotspot. Bluetooth internet also works to the Our Samsung Galaxy Tab A's but when we use the WiFi fromt he Personal hotspot the Android tablets cannot stay connected. They act like they are authenticating and the Hotspot briefly shows them connected but then the connection never finishes.

Troubleshooting we have tried on multiple iPhone XS and Samsung Galaxy Tab A's:

1. Verifying the Wi-Fi Passwords.
  2. Rebooting Both Devices.
  3. Toggling Airplane Mode.
  4. Trying with Bluetooth on
  5. Trying with Bluetooth Off.
  6. Turning off our Home WiFi in case there was frequency interference.
  7. Changing Both the iPhone Name and the WiFi Password on the iPhone.
  8. Manually configuring a Connection.
  9. Resetting the Android Device.

Nothing helps so I guess we switch from Androids to iPad until there is a fix?

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2018 7:42 PM in response to slava_flash

I am having the same issue. Windows and Apple Laptops connect fine to the iPhone xs Hotspot. Bluetooth internet also works to the Our Samsung Galaxy Tab A's but when we use the WiFi fromt he Personal hotspot the Android tablets cannot stay connected. They act like they are authenticating and the Hotspot briefly shows them connected but then the connection never finishes.

Troubleshooting we have tried on multiple iPhone XS and Samsung Galaxy Tab A's:

1. Verifying the Wi-Fi Passwords.
  2. Rebooting Both Devices.
  3. Toggling Airplane Mode.
  4. Trying with Bluetooth on
  5. Trying with Bluetooth Off.
  6. Turning off our Home WiFi in case there was frequency interference.
  7. Changing Both the iPhone Name and the WiFi Password on the iPhone.
  8. Manually configuring a Connection.
  9. Resetting the Android Device.

Nothing helps so I guess we switch from Androids to iPad until there is a fix?

My android cannot connect to iPhone XS hotspot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.