Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Explicit music is forbidden

Hello,

I have a problem with my iPhone X on IOS 12.0.1 with apple music, where it says that I have to allow explicit music to hear it. Even though I think that I have allowed everything in the settings, it still says that I have to allow it. Here is a screenshot of what I have allowed:

User uploaded file

iPhone X, iOS 12.0.1

Posted on Oct 14, 2018 2:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2018 8:50 AM

Greetings ValentinNeumann,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're unable to play songs with explicit content within Apple Music on your iPhone. Further, you've ensured you don't have explicit content restricted.

I suggest troubleshooting with the following suggestions:

• Open an explicit song in the iTunes Store app, and agree to allow explicit content. Then attempt to play an explicit song within Apple Music
  • Reset All Settings on your iPhone. Keep in mind, resetting all settings will: reset Wi-Fi credentials in all iCloud Keychain devices that use the Apple ID if iCloud Keychain is turned on, r​emoves all of your previously used Wi-Fi networks and passwords, removes Face ID, and removes your Apple Pay cards. To reset all settings: tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.

Let me know how it goes from here.

Kind regards.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2018 8:50 AM in response to ValentinNeumann

Greetings ValentinNeumann,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're unable to play songs with explicit content within Apple Music on your iPhone. Further, you've ensured you don't have explicit content restricted.

I suggest troubleshooting with the following suggestions:

• Open an explicit song in the iTunes Store app, and agree to allow explicit content. Then attempt to play an explicit song within Apple Music
  • Reset All Settings on your iPhone. Keep in mind, resetting all settings will: reset Wi-Fi credentials in all iCloud Keychain devices that use the Apple ID if iCloud Keychain is turned on, r​emoves all of your previously used Wi-Fi networks and passwords, removes Face ID, and removes your Apple Pay cards. To reset all settings: tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.

Let me know how it goes from here.

Kind regards.

Explicit music is forbidden

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.