Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

EXS24 instrument “Jazz Kit.exs” not found.

Garageband 10.3.1 OS 10.3.6

I want to use the drum loops "Lounge Drums" but when I drag them to the timeline, I get this message...

How can I install this instrument?

MacMini, MacMini

Posted on Oct 14, 2018 5:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2018 9:35 PM

On my Mac the sampler instrument “Jazz Kit.exs” has been installed as part of the Jam Packs. The file is very old - creation date 2003. Did you previously have any Jam Packs installed for GarageBand? Then try to restore this file from an older backup. It should be found in the folder

/Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Instrument Library/Sampler/Sampler Instruments/Jazz Kit.exs

When I needed to reinstall the JamPacks I purchased MainStage 3. It installed all five JamPacks, so I could use them with GarageBand.

Have you already tried to reinstall or download the complete sound library in GarageBand?

Check out the menu "GarageBand > Sound Library". It will restore all sounds, that can be recovered, but will probably not restore the JamPacks, only the sounds and loops that are coming now with GarageBand.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2018 9:35 PM in response to pabo88

On my Mac the sampler instrument “Jazz Kit.exs” has been installed as part of the Jam Packs. The file is very old - creation date 2003. Did you previously have any Jam Packs installed for GarageBand? Then try to restore this file from an older backup. It should be found in the folder

/Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Instrument Library/Sampler/Sampler Instruments/Jazz Kit.exs

When I needed to reinstall the JamPacks I purchased MainStage 3. It installed all five JamPacks, so I could use them with GarageBand.

Have you already tried to reinstall or download the complete sound library in GarageBand?

Check out the menu "GarageBand > Sound Library". It will restore all sounds, that can be recovered, but will probably not restore the JamPacks, only the sounds and loops that are coming now with GarageBand.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.