Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP 2017 Orange discoloration on bottom left corner

Hello,

I am very upset!

I have the MBP 2017, 15". Today I started having the orange discoloration issue on the bottom LEFT of my MBP.

I had a quick google search and found lots of other people with the same issue.

I purchased mine on September 5th, 2017. So it is a bit over one year. I have had the very durable protective case on my MBP, a screen protector, and a protective sleeve! I have taken an extremely good care because this machine is one EXPENSIVE one.

I found that lots of people suspect it is LCD leaking or something to one-side of it?! It seems to be related with carrying the laptop on a backpack sideways. But like, who doesn't carry a laptop in a backpack! This is absurd.

This is definitely not a dropped damage or anything else. Like I said, I took a meticulous care all this time because of its expensive price! I wanted it to last good for at least 3~5 years!

I own lots of APPLE products (watch, pad, XS, iMac, airpod, you name it!) and did NOT expect APPLE to make this very faulty and annoying hardware on the most expensive (probably?) laptop in the market.

I found lots of people having the same issue popping up at the same time! Is this a coincidence? I don't believe so.

One notable source is found here in the post and comments section:

https://gregsamborski.com/macbook-pro-led-screen-discoloration-spots-15-2017-tou ch-bar/

What's going on?! I do not have AppleCare. But it is not just me having this particular problem at this particular time.

It seems that MANY people who bought 2017 MBP started having this issue all of a sudden.

Can't Apple do something about this such as extending the warranty or recalling the items with the verified issue?!

JS

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6), 15"

Posted on Oct 14, 2018 10:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2018 11:16 PM

Can't Apple do something about this such as extending the warranty or recalling the items with the verified issue?!

We are not Apple, only end users like you. We cannot fix anything related to warranty and service policies. Please send your concerns using this link if you wish an Apple employee see it:

Feedback - MacBook Pro - Apple

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2018 11:16 PM in response to jihoonsuh715

We are not Apple, only end users like you. We cannot fix anything related to warranty and service policies. Please send your concerns using this link if you wish an Apple employee see it:

Feedback - MacBook Pro - Apple

MBP 2017 Orange discoloration on bottom left corner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.