Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to find recording time of a voice memo

How to find record time of a voice memo

iPhone 7

Posted on Oct 15, 2018 9:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2018 12:21 PM

apparently Voice memos that are made today, will show the time only.

Tomorrow they will show the date only. The ones that you have made in the past only show the date because they are more than 24 hours old. Any voice memos that you make today Will show the time only until tomorrow.

Apparently there is no way to see both the time and the date at the same time, unless you either edit it to show that when you rename it, or, do as I said in the above comment ... airdrop it to your Mac and check it using File>Get Info and look under Created.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2018 12:21 PM in response to Cåts

apparently Voice memos that are made today, will show the time only.

Tomorrow they will show the date only. The ones that you have made in the past only show the date because they are more than 24 hours old. Any voice memos that you make today Will show the time only until tomorrow.

Apparently there is no way to see both the time and the date at the same time, unless you either edit it to show that when you rename it, or, do as I said in the above comment ... airdrop it to your Mac and check it using File>Get Info and look under Created.

Oct 15, 2018 10:21 AM in response to nishaman

Right under the name of your recording (the one that you renamed)

there is a time. See the below screenshot? It says 1:13 PM. That is the start time of the recording.

The time that appears under your renamed (or even not renamed) memo, is the time you started the recording.🙂

Beneath that, it shows the length of your recording, too.

Also, if you want to delete recordings, just swipe left and the option "more actions" appears - you can edit, duplicate or share.

Or, Swipe left and tap the red "delete"

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Oct 15, 2018 11:10 AM in response to nishaman

Interesting. I wonder if you disable location services for it and record a test one, if it will show the time. I do not use location services for the voice memos. Mine shows the time stamp, not the date.

A suggestion: If you want to save the time/date of it, when you rename your memo, you could rename it "apple/date/time" for now if you need the time/date to show.

From the iOS 12 user guide for iPhone:

https://help.apple.com/iphone/12/#/iph0e546e6ec

A recording is initially saved with the name New Recording or the name of your location, if Location Servicesis turned on in Settings > Privacy.

To change the name, tap the recording, tap the name, then type a new one.

How to find recording time of a voice memo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.