Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why there is no group function in touch bar when I select several items?

I got that group function button in touch bar when I select several items two days ago , but no more when I do the same thing tomorrow...

WHY???

I need that, really 😟

looking for your help ...

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018, 4 TBT3), macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on Oct 15, 2018 9:00 PM

1 reply

Oct 17, 2018 8:05 AM in response to gogog119

Hello gogog119,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you want to have a specific function in the Touch Bar on your MacBook Pro. To help with your situation, please use these steps to customize what shows in the Touch Bar from this Apple resource:

Customize your Touch Bar

In many apps, like Finder, Mail, and Safari, you can customize the Touch Bar.

Choose View > Customize Touch Bar. The customization window appears on your display, allowing you to choose your favorite items:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

When you're customizing the Touch Bar, its buttons jiggle, and you see the Done button on the left side.

Use your cursor to drag items that you want from the display down into the Touch Bar. You can also drag items left and right within the Touch Bar to rearrange them, or drag them up and out of the Touch Bar to remove them. Tap Done in the Touch Bar or click Done on the screen when you finish.

Customize the Control Strip

You can also add, remove, or rearrange Control Strip buttons, including Siri.

In any app that supports customization (such as Finder), Select View > Customize Touch Bar. Touch the Control Strip region of the Touch Bar to switch to Control Strip customization. Then use your cursor to drag items that you want from the display down into the Control Strip. Drag items left and right within the Control Strip to rearrange them, or drag them up and out of the Touch Bar to remove them. Tap Done in the Touch Bar or click Done on the screen when you finish.

You can also enter Control Strip customization mode by clicking "Customize Control Strip" in the Keyboard section of System Preferences.

How to use the Touch Bar on your MacBook Pro

Please let us know if you've found this information helpful. Don't hesitate to reach out with any additional questions or concerns you may have on this issue. It will be a pleasure to continue working with you toward a solution.

Cheers!

why there is no group function in touch bar when I select several items?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.