Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote 8.1 collaboration stopped working on Sierra

Keynote ver 8.1 collaboration suddenly stopped working.

When pressing Collaborate the Keynote tells me I need to upgrade.

I tried to upgrade but can not upgrade to version 8.2 without upgrading to High Sierra :-(

I can not find any information about this change so it should still work in 8.1

Anyone else found this and solved it? Or found a way to install 8.2 on Sierra?

Thank you

Mac Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Oct 16, 2018 9:03 AM

5 replies

Oct 17, 2018 12:55 PM in response to Klippenberg

Greetings, Klippenberg.

I see that you collaborate on Keynote presentations. The problem is, it's no longer working, and I'm happy to help.

Keynote for Mac: Keynote collaboration overview -- From the minimum requirements, Keynote 8.1 should work.

Minimum system requirements

To view or edit a shared presentation, people you share with need any of the following:

• A Mac with macOS Sierra 10.12 or later and Keynote 8.1 or later installed. They must also be signed in to iCloud and have iCloud Drive turned on.
  • An iOS device with iOS 11 or later and Keynote 4.1 or later installed. They must also be signed in to iCloud and have iCloud Drive turned on.
  • A Mac or Windows computer with a supported browser.

Anyone with an Android device, or an iOS device without iOS 11 or later and Keynote 4.1 or later, can view but not edit the presentation.

Note: Not all Keynote features are available for a shared presentation. For more information, see the Apple Support article About collaboration for Pages, Numbers, and Keynote.

How to turn on or turn off your Mac -- Since it should be working, restart your MacPro then test the issue.

Let me know how that goes, and take care!

Oct 19, 2018 9:39 AM in response to CarlosP1228

Thank you for your reply and suggestions. Unfortunately it’s still the same problem in safe mode and as another user.

As soon as I press collaborate a pop-up menu appears

“Time to upgrade! If you want to share this presentation you have to download the newest version of Keynote from App Store or use Keynote on iCloud.com”

After a short time a new box appears.

“A free Keynote upgrade is available. Install macOS version 10.13.0 or newer and go to Mac App Store to download the latest version of Keynote”

User uploaded file

Oct 18, 2018 5:34 AM in response to Klippenberg

Thank you for getting back to us with that information, Klippenberg. It's appreciated. I have a couple of more processes for you to try.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac -- Restart your Mac in safe mode and test how it responds. Afterwards, reboot normally and log into your own user account. Remember this when booting in safe mode: Graphics performance limited in macOS Recovery, safe mode, or Guest User mode

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac -- If the issue is also happening in safe mode, use this article to create and test a new user account. This will demonstrate if the issue is isolated to your account, or if its system wide.

Cheers!

Keynote 8.1 collaboration stopped working on Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.