Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessages goes away & sends as SMS (green)

Why do my iMessages change from blue to green in the middle of a text thread? The other person is an iPhone user and we have our Settings correct in Messages. I want to use iMessage with other iPhones users and this happens repeatedly. I end up deleting the thread and starting a new text message just to get it to go back to blue.This is annoying to no end and it's driving me nuts.

Any help is appreciated. Thx.

iMac

Posted on Oct 16, 2018 11:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2018 1:32 PM

Spot Girl wrote:

Why do my iMessages change from blue to green in the middle of a text thread? The other person is an iPhone user and we have our Settings correct in Messages. I want to use iMessage with other iPhones users and this happens repeatedly. I end up deleting the thread and starting a new text message just to get it to go back to blue.This is annoying to no end and it's driving me nuts.

When imessage isn't available it will send it as a text message, either you or the recipient are in an area with a weak wifi or cellular data signal or have imessage turned off.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2018 1:32 PM in response to Spot Girl

Spot Girl wrote:

When imessage isn't available it will send it as a text message, either you or the recipient are in an area with a weak wifi or cellular data signal or have imessage turned off.

iMessages goes away & sends as SMS (green)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.