Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

update iOS for iPhone 5s to iOS 12

I have tried everything to update my iPhone 5s's operating system to iOS 12. I know that it can be done, but nothing is working for me. I have a new MacBook Pro (2017) and a new Apple Watch (which won't work because my operating system on my phone is only 10.03) I downloaded the new MAC Mojave iOS 12, but it only says that I am running on iOS 10.14. I have been a MAC Girl for 10 plus years, but I am about ready to return EVERYTHING to Apple and tell them to keep it. I have watched every video I can find, read every article I can get my hands on, and read the Apple tutorials. Nothing is working. If I can't fix it by Friday, all of this goes back and I find a new company to back.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, 2 TBT3), iOS 11.4.1, 2 factor authentication

Posted on Oct 16, 2018 5:45 PM

3 replies

Oct 16, 2018 5:51 PM in response to luv2teachsped

luv2teachsped wrote:

I downloaded the new MAC Mojave iOS 12, but it only says that I am running on iOS 10.14.

This is very confusing.

• MacOS Mojave is also known as MacOS 10.14.
  • The current iOS version is 12.0.1.
  • There was never an iOS 10.14.

So if you've successfully downloaded and installed MacOS Mojave, try to update the iPhone using iTunes on your Mac as described here.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If the Mac fails to recognize the iPhone:

If iTunes doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

Oct 16, 2018 5:51 PM in response to luv2teachsped

OK let’s start from the beginning. What is happening when you try to upgrade to iOS 12?

Tell me the steps you‘ve taken and if you can, supply screenshots to help show what’s going on.

if you don’t have enough battery, I suggest plugging your device into the charger while updating. It worked for someone that I helped the other day who had issues upgrading To iOS 12.

update iOS for iPhone 5s to iOS 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.