Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to unlock my MacBook Air with my phone?

I accidentally unlocked my MacBooks pro. I would like to unlock it, what should I do?

MacBook Air, iOS 11.0.3

Posted on Oct 17, 2018 6:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2018 12:12 PM

Did you lock it using Find My Phone? If not, more information would help.

How do I unlock my Mac?

After you locate your Mac, you can unlock it with your passcode. Make sure to use the passcode that you created when you locked it with Find My Mac, not your device passcode.

Here's how to see the passcode that you used to lock your Mac:

1. Sign in to icloud.com/find on a Mac or PC.
  2. Select your Mac from the Devices menu.
  3. Select Unlock. After you follow the steps to verify your identity, you'll see the passcode that you need to unlock your Mac.

The passcode is valid for a limited time. If you forget your passcode or can't verify your identity to see it, take your Mac to an Apple Authorized Service Provider along with your proof of purchase.

Find My Mac - If your Mac is lost or stolen

Find My Phone - Lock and track your device using Lost Mode

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2018 12:12 PM in response to moisefromstratford

Did you lock it using Find My Phone? If not, more information would help.

How do I unlock my Mac?

After you locate your Mac, you can unlock it with your passcode. Make sure to use the passcode that you created when you locked it with Find My Mac, not your device passcode.

Here's how to see the passcode that you used to lock your Mac:

1. Sign in to icloud.com/find on a Mac or PC.
  2. Select your Mac from the Devices menu.
  3. Select Unlock. After you follow the steps to verify your identity, you'll see the passcode that you need to unlock your Mac.

The passcode is valid for a limited time. If you forget your passcode or can't verify your identity to see it, take your Mac to an Apple Authorized Service Provider along with your proof of purchase.

Find My Mac - If your Mac is lost or stolen

Find My Phone - Lock and track your device using Lost Mode

How to unlock my MacBook Air with my phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.