Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Health app not showing steps

I have an iPhone 6s running iOs 12.0.1. I just noticed that the last time I see Steps and Floors Climed data for was June 13, 2018 (iOs 11.4) almost 4 months ago.

I've confirmed that Fitness Tracking for the Health app (under Heath app Sources, Privacy Settings) is still enabled and toggled it on and off, rebooted iPhone, but still no go.

I've searched for other solutions but nothing to explain my issue.

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers

iPhone 6s, iOS 12.0.1, device provided by employer

Posted on Oct 17, 2018 10:10 AM

1 reply

Nov 12, 2018 8:29 AM in response to jmgs1

I've noticed this, too. At first I thought it would possibly right itself, but I noticed yesterday that it still had not collected data for the past month. I started looking around in the Health app, trying to find a problem, but couldn't correct anything. Today I started searching online for solutions. Apple Support only had information on connecting it to other apps for input, like the Apple Watch. I don't have any other input sources, so I thought maybe this ability had been taken away in a recent update. But just out of curiosity, I went to the area they suggested. I noticed right away when I opened the Health app that the phone showed steps walked around the house today while I had it in my hand! It wasn't doing that yesterday.

While looking at Steps, below the chart there are options. One of them is Data Sources & Access. In that, the options are Apps Allowed to Read Data (I have none) and Data Sources (set to my iPhone). When I clicked on Data Sources, lo and behold, it showed all the steps I've walked every day going back forever. It was all there. And when I returned to the Steps charts, it was all there. So...basically I changed nothing and it just started working. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

It's not a perfect data collection system for steps, but it's nice to have this relative information on activity.

Health app not showing steps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.