Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods sound balance is off

My AirPods sound balance is off in the left and right headphone. It is coming out more of the right headphone than the left. I don't know if its a technical issue or something wrong with the actual headphones.

AirPods, iOS 12.0.1

Posted on Oct 17, 2018 5:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2018 2:41 PM

Hello jrodman2014,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding the volume balance for your AirPods seems to be off with more sound on the right side. I can surely see how this could be concerning. I'm happy to help.

First I recommend checking your volume balance settings on your device using the steps below:
  1. Go to Settings User uploaded file > General > Accessibility.

2. To adjust the audio volume balance, drag the Left Right Stereo Balance slider.

3. To combine the left and right channels, turn on Mono Audio.

iOS 12 iPhone user guide

If the issue persists, restart your device. Restarting can resolve many unexpected behaviors.
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know the results. Please include any additional troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a wonderful day!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2018 2:41 PM in response to jrodman2014

Hello jrodman2014,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding the volume balance for your AirPods seems to be off with more sound on the right side. I can surely see how this could be concerning. I'm happy to help.

First I recommend checking your volume balance settings on your device using the steps below:
  1. Go to Settings User uploaded file > General > Accessibility.

2. To adjust the audio volume balance, drag the Left Right Stereo Balance slider.

3. To combine the left and right channels, turn on Mono Audio.

iOS 12 iPhone user guide

If the issue persists, restart your device. Restarting can resolve many unexpected behaviors.
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know the results. Please include any additional troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a wonderful day!

AirPods sound balance is off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.