Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to I remove books from iBooks in iOS 12.01?

I was able to select the books I wanted to delete from ‘library’ at the bottom (I tried to upload an image but Apple said the screenshot was too large!) and ‘delete’ them but they are still showing up in my ‘Books’ section and I cannot delete them because the trash can icon is grayed out. I can select the books but not delete them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11.4.1, 256 GB

Posted on Oct 18, 2018 1:59 PM

2 replies

Oct 19, 2018 12:17 PM in response to Stumpymd

Hey Stumpymd,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I understand you'd like to delete iBooks from your iPhone. I'm happy to help! The following information from Get started with iBooks will explain how to properly delete these iBooks:

Delete books, audiobooks or PDFs

• On your iOS device, tap User uploaded file underneath the item, choose Remove, then choose Remove Download.
  • On your Mac, Control-click or right-click an item, choose Delete, then choose Remove Download.

If the item is part of a series, you might need to open the series first before you can delete it. You might also see an option to Delete Everywhere if it's a PDF or other item that you added to your Library from a source other than the Book Store.

Cheers!

Nov 27, 2018 5:53 AM in response to CarlosP1228

Hi CarlosP1228,

is it possible for books marked finished to be automatically removed from the reading now section?

If not, I don’t understand why the mark as finished function has been added? I only remove books infrequently, and download several each week and my library is often full of books I’m yet to start, have started but given up on and those I’ve finished.

Its time consuming and inconvenient to tap the dots below each book and when editing library from the edit button ther no indication that a book is finished.

Cheers!😉

How to I remove books from iBooks in iOS 12.01?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.