Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete a playlist from my iPhone?

I simply want to remove a playlist from my music library. I do not get an option to swipe right. I can’t delete from the Library page. Please advise

Posted on Oct 19, 2018 9:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2018 9:45 AM

Greetings, denese4me.

I see that you'd like to delete a playlist from your Apple Music library in the Music application on your iPhone. I'm happy to help.

Delete music, movies, and TV shows from your device

Delete music and music videos

You can delete songs, albums, playlists, and music videos that you downloaded to your device. If you see a download icon User uploaded file next to your content, the item is stored in the cloud, not on your device.

Delete items in the Apple Music app

You can delete single items in the Music app on your iOS device or the Apple Music app on your Android device.

1. In the Apple Music app, find the item that you want to delete. If you see User uploaded file next to the item, the item is stored in the cloud, not on your device. When items are stored in the cloud, they don't use any storage on your device.
  2. Press and hold the item that you want to delete.
  3. In the menu that appears, tap Remove.
    User uploaded file
  4. When prompted to confirm, tap either Remove Download or Remove Downloads. If you see "Delete from Library," you added the item through Apple Music. Tap "Delete from Library" to remove it completely from all of your devices and iCloud Music Library.

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2018 9:45 AM in response to denese4me

Greetings, denese4me.

I see that you'd like to delete a playlist from your Apple Music library in the Music application on your iPhone. I'm happy to help.

Delete music, movies, and TV shows from your device

Delete music and music videos

You can delete songs, albums, playlists, and music videos that you downloaded to your device. If you see a download icon User uploaded file next to your content, the item is stored in the cloud, not on your device.

Delete items in the Apple Music app

You can delete single items in the Music app on your iOS device or the Apple Music app on your Android device.

1. In the Apple Music app, find the item that you want to delete. If you see User uploaded file next to the item, the item is stored in the cloud, not on your device. When items are stored in the cloud, they don't use any storage on your device.
  2. Press and hold the item that you want to delete.
  3. In the menu that appears, tap Remove.
    User uploaded file
  4. When prompted to confirm, tap either Remove Download or Remove Downloads. If you see "Delete from Library," you added the item through Apple Music. Tap "Delete from Library" to remove it completely from all of your devices and iCloud Music Library.

Take care!

How do I delete a playlist from my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.