Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

System Preference, Security & Privacy, Accessibility - Not Working/Empty

I have the same problem listed here System Preference, Security & Privacy, Accessibility - Not Working/Empty but the solution provided is not working.

I've just update to Mojave, after the upgrade the System Preference, Security & Privacy, Accessibility access list went empty. I can't use +/- either, the + command does nothing.

The list should display several apps that I use like Dropbox and BetterTouch Tool.

I tried to remove the file

/Library/Preferences/com.apple.security-common.plist

But this file isn't present in my system, I only have:

$ sudo find /Library/Preferences | grep -i security

/Library/Preferences/com.apple.security.systemidentities.plist

/Library/Preferences/com.apple.security.appsandbox.plist

$ sudo find ~/Library/Preferences -maxdepth 1 | grep -i security

/Users/***/Library/Preferences/com.apple.security.KCN.plist

/Users/***/Library/Preferences/com.apple.security.keychainsyncingoveridsproxy.un handledMessages.plist

/Users/***/Library/Preferences/com.keepersecurity.passwordmanager.plist

/Users/***/Library/Preferences/com.keepersecurity.passwordmanager.helper.plist

/Users/***/Library/Preferences/com.keepersecurity.agent.plist

/Users/***/Library/Preferences/com.apple.security.cloudkeychainproxy3.keysToRegi ster.plist

User uploaded file

MacBook Air, macOS Mojave (10.14), null

Posted on Oct 19, 2018 10:55 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 22, 2018 7:08 PM in response to Leanne_68

Hi Starr.C,

I tried to open the System Preference, Security & Privacy, Accessibility in safe mode but the problem is the same.

User uploaded file

I added some logging from Console during the period I was opening the panel.

User uploaded file

Is this log some any related to the problem?

Allowing process impersonation by process com.apple.preference.security.r (1887) despite not having the com.apple.private.defaults-impersonate entitlement due to it not being sandboxed. Please add com.apple.private.defaults-impersonate instead, this will stop working in the future.

Oct 21, 2018 7:40 AM in response to raizdepi

Hello raizdepi,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's see that no apps are shown for Accessibility on your MacBook Air even though you've got apps that should be listed. You've come to the right place! I'm happy to help.

I recommend testing the issue in safe mode. Starting in safe mode allows your Mac to run certain checks, remove caches, and prevent login items from automatically launching. This can isolate possible third party issues. Use the steps and information in the link below for assistance with safe mode:

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Let us know the results. Please include any other troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a great day!

System Preference, Security & Privacy, Accessibility - Not Working/Empty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.