Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is billing information coming up when I want to update my apps?

When I go into the App Store and go to update all my apps, which are free ones, billing information comes up and asks me to enter my information I do and it comes up as something was wrong and that I need to update it. Everything is correct on it.. they only thing is my card doesn’t have a lot of funds on it right now.. But I don’t understand why I need it to update free app.

Posted on Oct 20, 2018 7:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2018 7:34 AM

You need to have valid billing information in your iTunes account, even for free apps. You can have no billing information in some cases, but if you have information it must be correct. See: If your payment method is declined, or you have a billing issue in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Also see if you qualify for no billing info: Create or use your Apple ID without a payment method - Apple Support

and if that doesn't work: If you can't choose None when you edit your Apple ID payment information - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2018 7:34 AM in response to macheala

You need to have valid billing information in your iTunes account, even for free apps. You can have no billing information in some cases, but if you have information it must be correct. See: If your payment method is declined, or you have a billing issue in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Also see if you qualify for no billing info: Create or use your Apple ID without a payment method - Apple Support

and if that doesn't work: If you can't choose None when you edit your Apple ID payment information - Apple Support

Why is billing information coming up when I want to update my apps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.