Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does "What's Playing" show each time I raise my watch?

In the last few days, my Series 4 Watch has started showing me the What's Playing info each time I raise my watch. It continues to show what WAS playing " on iPhone" even when nothing is playing and even when the Music app is closed on my iPhone. I always have to press the crown to tell what time it is. What might be causing this?

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on Oct 20, 2018 4:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2018 6:15 AM

Hello milleron.

If I'm understanding correctly, the Now Playing is displaying on the Apple Watch when you raise to wake, when there is no music playing. I will be glad to assist.

To begin, try a restart of the Apple Watch to see if it helps. Here's how: How to restart your Apple Watch

Next, turn off Auto-launch Audio Apps as shown below from our article: Change your Apple Watch face

Hide Now Playing

When you play music, Now Playing automatically opens. Here's how to change the setting:

1. Open the Apple Watch app and tap the My Watch tab.
  2. Tap General > Wake Screen.
  3. Turn off Auto-launch Audio Apps.
Also, you can remove and re-add the Now Playing complication. Here's how: Use the Dock on your Apple Watch

Remove an app from the Dock

1. Open the Dock.
  2. Go to an app, then swipe left.
  3. Tap User uploaded file.

Cheers.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2018 6:15 AM in response to milleron

Hello milleron.

If I'm understanding correctly, the Now Playing is displaying on the Apple Watch when you raise to wake, when there is no music playing. I will be glad to assist.

To begin, try a restart of the Apple Watch to see if it helps. Here's how: How to restart your Apple Watch

Next, turn off Auto-launch Audio Apps as shown below from our article: Change your Apple Watch face

Hide Now Playing

When you play music, Now Playing automatically opens. Here's how to change the setting:

1. Open the Apple Watch app and tap the My Watch tab.
  2. Tap General > Wake Screen.
  3. Turn off Auto-launch Audio Apps.
Also, you can remove and re-add the Now Playing complication. Here's how: Use the Dock on your Apple Watch

Remove an app from the Dock

1. Open the Dock.
  2. Go to an app, then swipe left.
  3. Tap User uploaded file.

Cheers.

Why does "What's Playing" show each time I raise my watch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.