Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes media folder doensn't work

I've tried to specify the folder on my drive with an mp3s as a itunes media folder. Checks off "Keep itunes media folder organised" - after itunes restart it messes up all files rearranging it (artist\folder\files) - so the check box just doesn't work. How can i fix this?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on Oct 20, 2018 10:59 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Oct 21, 2018 4:07 AM in response to kream623

iTunes is able to respect my non-standard media folder layout and not move any existing content around when I make edits to metadata. Newly added content downloaded from the store, ripped from CD, converted by iTunes, added via the Automatically Add to iTunes folder, or copied or consolidated into the media folder from anywhere outside it, always goes into the standard layout. There is no change in behaviour here from previous builds of iTunes. Do you have Keep iTunes Media folder organized turned on or off? I have it turned off, although I generally advise people leave it turned on and don't worry about how the files are arranged.

tt2

itunes media folder doensn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.