Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My watch won’t recieve sms messages

I just got my Apple Watch series 4 on Thursday and got it set up. If my phone is off I can only receive messages from people with iPhones and phone calls. I have checked with AT&T and the cellular is setup correctly on their end. We have tried unpairing and repairing the watch twice. And it still won’t work.

Posted on Oct 21, 2018 12:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2018 12:44 PM

If you are referring to a regular SMS, not an iMessage, then see this, How to use your Apple Watch without your iPhone nearby - Apple Support

To receive SMS from third-party apps, MMS from third-party apps, or push notifications from third-party apps on your cellular model of Apple Watch, your paired iPhone must be powered on and connected to Wi-Fi or cellular, but it doesn't need to be nearby. You also need to be signed in to iMessage on your iPhone.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2018 12:44 PM in response to JaeRenae88

If you are referring to a regular SMS, not an iMessage, then see this, How to use your Apple Watch without your iPhone nearby - Apple Support

To receive SMS from third-party apps, MMS from third-party apps, or push notifications from third-party apps on your cellular model of Apple Watch, your paired iPhone must be powered on and connected to Wi-Fi or cellular, but it doesn't need to be nearby. You also need to be signed in to iMessage on your iPhone.

My watch won’t recieve sms messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.