Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i got hacked and need to check screensharing logs

hi,

i got hit by a job scam which got me to install a chrome plugin that i think enabled screensharing with a hacker.

i need to check my logs to see when screensharing was accessed. I also think i need some advice on how to proceed.

I was doing some work and i saw a window popup with Spotlight highlighting a password for a cryptocurrency wallet i had stored in a text file and also a window with a location of someone in canada popped up at the same time. the cryptocurrency wallet only has $4 in it, so im not too worried about that, but im not really sure what else to do.

I setup little snitch to monitor my network activity, changed by pass, my firewall was down so i enabled it. I had filesharing enabled, but it was only for a folder that didnt have anything in it.

was thinking about wiping my laptop/reinstalling, and taking to the applestore to see if they had any other recommendations. is there anyhting im missing.

I would like to check my screensharing logs to see what was accessed, but im not quite sure how to do that. any tips?

macbook, airport express, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Oct 21, 2018 2:17 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Oct 24, 2018 4:42 PM in response to gdubs12345

Good work so far. re you really on 10.5.2 Leopard??? There won't help if you are.

EtreCheck is a simple little app to display the important details of your system configuration and allow you to copy that information to the Clipboard. It is meant to be used with Apple Support Communities to help people help you with your Mac.

http://www.etresoft.com/etrecheck

There is also Malwarebytes…

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mac/

4th post here...

Logging Screen Sharing

macos - How to find logs of Remote Management and Remote Login on my Mac? - Super User

i got hacked and need to check screensharing logs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.