Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

360° video within a multicam clip

Follow me here.

I recorded a live event with traditional 1080p cameras and also with a 360° camera (2560x1280), with the intention of being able to edit a separate version of the 1080p version and the 360° version.

I got all cameras imported, put into a multicam clip, synced up, then brought the multicam clip into a new 1080p project, and started doing lots of edits and cuts. (I had to chop a lot of dead space within the live event.)

The 1080p project is fine.

Then I duplicated the 1080p project to start working on the 360° version. Once in the 360° version, I switched all the camera angles to the 360° camera, which worked fine.

However, FCPX doesn't appear to let me recognize the 360° project as being in 360°. In the project properties, I specified the custom video size (2560x1280), but projection type is grayed out, so I can't tell FCPX that this project is a 360° video.

Is that a bug/oversight?

I really don't want to have to duplicate all my painstaking work in cutting dead space out of the live event. I was hoping the edits I made in the 1080p event would easily translate over to the 360° event.

Is there a way to create this 360° version, without having to re-edit it from scratch?

Thanks!

Mac Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6), Cheese grater 2012 Mac Pro

Posted on Oct 21, 2018 7:00 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 21, 2018 8:46 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Well, it's a 360° project, but I dragged a multicam clip into the 360° project, and the multicam clip has a mixture of traditional and 360° angles in it.

I can create a new project, drag the 360° file into it, and it works fine.

I can't duplicate my 1080p project, switch all its clips to the 360° angle version, and have the project format itself in 360°. That's what's tripping me up.

I'm wondering if perhaps FCPX wasn't designed to allow multicam clips (or, multicam clips which contain non-360° material) in a 360° project. It would be a shame, because now I'm going to have to duplicate a ton of work...

360° video within a multicam clip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.