Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can we disable the camera sound on Instagram and snapchat on iPhone XS ???? I have tried everything even using the mute button but it does not work the sound still comes on Instagram and on Snapchat

I have an iPhone XS which I bought from India, I want to know if I can switch off the camera sound on Instagram and snapchat???? I’ve tried everything please try and help me out

Posted on Oct 22, 2018 12:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2018 12:42 PM

Then your phone was intended for an Asian market, such as Japan, where by law, the shutter sound on the phone can NOT be disabled. There's nothing you can do about this other than sell the phone and get one not meant for such a market.

4 replies

Can we disable the camera sound on Instagram and snapchat on iPhone XS ???? I have tried everything even using the mute button but it does not work the sound still comes on Instagram and on Snapchat

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.