Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Found a way to reorder Apple Watch credit cards for Apple Pay

Since the first watch with Apple Pay we scoured the web for a way to reorder the sequence of credit cards on our Apple Watches. We got our Watch 4's Friday and we decided to just live with it since doing the delete/add dance was getting too much for two watches. But then I struck gold on reddit yesterday with a 24 day old post I wanted to share here. The credit goes to the person who posted "FYI you can reorder the cards in your wallet, it’s just not intuitive." and it's amazingly simple:

Once all cards are added to the Apple Watch, open the Watch app on the iPhone and go to the wallet settings. Decide the order of each card, we have 4 so: Card 1, Card 2, Card 3, Card 4. Now set the default to the last card, in this case Card 4. Make sure to go to the Apple Watch and verify that is the new first card (we found without verify it may not work if you do it too fast). Then, set the default to Card 3 and check that it's now first, then Card 2 and check, then finally Card 1. The cards will now show up in the your desired sequence on the Watch! Worked perfectly on both our watches and only took about 2 minutes. No more delete/add dance! And thanks to the original reddit poster!

Posted on Oct 22, 2018 2:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2018 2:19 AM

This didn't work on my older watch with OS 4.3.2.

1 reply

Found a way to reorder Apple Watch credit cards for Apple Pay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.