Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hearing aids and Mac

How do you pair hearing aids with Mac?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Oct 23, 2018 2:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2018 9:58 AM

If they are MFI - made for iPhone, pair them in the Accessilility Panel of the General setting. Don’t use the Bluetooth panel, tho you might think you should.

Swipe down to Hearing. For my ReSound aids, I open then close the battery doors so that the iPhone will discover them. Tap the name of your hearing aid and the pairing process will start. The name of your aid will probably turn blue in colour and you may hear the pairing tone your aid uses to confirm it’s paired.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2018 9:58 AM in response to maryfromhighland

If they are MFI - made for iPhone, pair them in the Accessilility Panel of the General setting. Don’t use the Bluetooth panel, tho you might think you should.

Swipe down to Hearing. For my ReSound aids, I open then close the battery doors so that the iPhone will discover them. Tap the name of your hearing aid and the pairing process will start. The name of your aid will probably turn blue in colour and you may hear the pairing tone your aid uses to confirm it’s paired.

Hearing aids and Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.