Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS Mojave - Mail->Preferences Window is blank

I recently upgraded to MacOS Mojave on my MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2013). When I try to change my Preference in the Mail app (Mail -> Preferences), the Preferences window opens but is completely blank. I cannot see any menus, buttons or options. I was able to change my preferences the day after the upgrade. The Preferences window went blank after that. I cannot change any preferences in my Mail app. I've tried restarting the Mail App and even my MacBook Pro several times. The issue persists. What is the best way to resolve this issue?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on Oct 23, 2018 7:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2018 7:58 PM

ram88 wrote:

I recently upgraded to MacOS Mojave on my MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2013). When I try to change my Preference in the Mail app (Mail -> Preferences), the Preferences window opens but is completely blank. I cannot see any menus, buttons or options. I was able to change my preferences the day after the upgrade. The Preferences window went blank after that. I cannot change any preferences in my Mail app. I've tried restarting the Mail App and even my MacBook Pro several times. The issue persists. What is the best way to resolve this issue?

Quit mail.

Finder>Go>Go to Folder, copy & Paste:

~/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail

Highlight all the contents.

Then right-click and choose "New Folder with Selection”. Do not move the new folder from this current location.

You can close the Finder window.

The next step will be to restart the Mac and test

After the computer is restarted, open the Mail Preferences to see if it opens properly.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2018 7:58 PM in response to ram88

ram88 wrote:

Quit mail.

Finder>Go>Go to Folder, copy & Paste:

~/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail

Highlight all the contents.

Then right-click and choose "New Folder with Selection”. Do not move the new folder from this current location.

You can close the Finder window.

The next step will be to restart the Mac and test

After the computer is restarted, open the Mail Preferences to see if it opens properly.

MacOS Mojave - Mail->Preferences Window is blank

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.