Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Light Bleed" on Apple Watch Series 4

Just recently received my Space Grey Apple Watch Series 4. It's beautiful and has a great performance, BUT detected an issue with the screen, it doesn't ALWAYS happens but when it does is very noticeable.

When screens dim light is low, the screen on the left side of the watch (not where the crown is) tends to have this yellow-ish color kind of fading from the black, it looks very disturbing and it looks like the watch's screen is broken in the inside. Once the dim light is high it won't be seen no more. Also when you have a (not so) complete black screen as when you setting an alarm or talking to Siri, the "light bleed" will show and on top of that it has some darker sports in between the yellow-ish part.

Anyone having this same issue with their new devices? Can this be fixed? Should I be taking my Apple Watch to a store so it can be checked?

Please help out. I know in the long run this will bug me out badly, lol.

Thanks!

Watch Series 4 (GPS) Alum 44mm, iOS 12.0.1

Posted on Oct 24, 2018 8:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2018 8:36 PM

Return it before the 14 days is up, and then when they address the issue buy it again if you still want it. They’ll have to do something to address the problem. I’m on my second watch, fixing to return it again and wait. Just wait until it hits YouTube/ social media (beautygate)

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2018 8:36 PM in response to Veny4

Return it before the 14 days is up, and then when they address the issue buy it again if you still want it. They’ll have to do something to address the problem. I’m on my second watch, fixing to return it again and wait. Just wait until it hits YouTube/ social media (beautygate)

Nov 7, 2018 5:53 PM in response to Reynaldojeh

Yes, and they just removed my (new) post because they want to hide the issue?

I realized my brand new (1 day) watch had it merely by noticing some gradients in the General Setting option bars. Then I found all these issues on the web. I called a rep and she convinced me that it is "highly unlikely" this will happen again if I swap. She said this should be individual issues.

Is it?

1st watch with this issue:

https://i.imgur.com/FEOFDcc.jpg

2nd watch (got today) with this issue, gentler:

https://i.imgur.com/XRM9uCU.jpg

If you wanna check yours, use this grey image (black image/background will not show this):

https://i.imgur.com/vndi8ox.jpg

I am entirely convinced that no matter how many times I swap it won't help.

It doesn't totally negate the features I want so I decide to keep this watch, but I do want to know if Apple is gonna do anything about this as it's so obvious and affect a majority of products.

Dec 8, 2018 10:52 PM in response to abeadame

I've bought second watch too. And I will send it back on Monday. I really can't understand why Apple doesn't recall all of their watches with these defective screens. I'm so angry that I will switch back to iPhone SE which perfectly fits in a hand. The main reason I buy watches is that new iPhones are huge and they don't fit in a pocket or hand

"Light Bleed" on Apple Watch Series 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.