Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

recently deleted folder for photos missing

Hi i am unable to locate my recently deleted folder for photos. I have opened the photo app, clicked on albums, scrolled to the bottom and still can’t locate it on my iPhone or iPad. It disappeared after updating to 12.0.1 Can anyone assist me in locating it please

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 12.0.1

Posted on Oct 24, 2018 9:40 PM

7 replies

Jan 6, 2019 5:27 AM in response to cdrompfw

your screenshot were for the iPhone.

I am missing these folders off the iMac OS photos app.

This forum is for Photos iOS (for Photos on mobile devices - iPhone, iPad, iPod).

You should ask your question better in the Photos for Mac forum. You will find it under MacOS and System Software, see: Photos for Mac - Apple Community

I'll ask the community hosts to move your questions to the correct forum.

Dec 10, 2018 1:43 AM in response to QandAseeker

The Recently Deleted Album is way down at the bottom of the Album list, in the section "Other Albums".

To get to the full list of albums, you may first have to click "< Albums" in the upper left corner of the display, to get back to the full list of albums. Otherwise you may only be seeing a partial list of albums, if you have been browsing another folder.

Jan 6, 2019 5:49 AM in response to cdrompfw

I am missing these folders off the iMac OS photos app.

On a Mac, the Recently Deleted album will only be shown, if you have recently deleted items. It will be hidden, if it is empty. And if you are using the very first version of Photos - Photos 1.0 on MacOS 10.10.3 Mojave, you have to reveal the Recently Deleted album with "File > Recently Deleted".

There may be several reasons, why your recently Deleted album is empty. Either you did not really delete photos, but you just removed photos from an album. Or the Recently Deleted album has automatically been emptied, because the 30 days are up.

And Photos will delete photos terminally, without moving them to recently Deleted, if you are running out of cloud storage. If we are using too much cloud storage, we have to be very careful when deleting photos., because there will be no way to recover deleted photos.

recently deleted folder for photos missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.