Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Beats X won't connect after charging

After charging my Beats X they will not pair with my iPhone 8. In between charges they connect no problem. I have to go into settings on my iPhone, forget the Beats X, then restart my iPhone, then pair the Beats X as a new bluetooth headset. EVERY TIME this happens after charging. Any help? Am I doing something wrong here? Thanks.

iPhone 8, iOS 12.0.1

Posted on Oct 25, 2018 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2018 11:36 AM

Hi chad1776,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. From your post, I see your BeatsX aren't remaining connected to your iPhone.

A great step to try here is a reset of your BeatsX. The instructions you'll need can be found below, from the article titled Set up and use your BeatsX earphones :
Reset
  1. Hold down these two buttons for 10 seconds:
    • Power button
    • Volume down button
  2. When the LED indicator light flashes, release the buttons. Your earphones are now reset and ready to be set up with your devices again.

Your post indicates you're using an iPhone 8 with iOS 12.0.1. Since recent versions of iOS will auto-update your Beats, yours should already be updated. However, if you have access to a computer, you might try these steps to Update the firmware of your Beats product and rule that out as a possible cause:

Use Beats Updater to keep your Beats wireless headphones, earphones, and speakers up to date with the latest firmware.

1. Install Beats Updater

If you meet the following system requirements, download Beats Updater, then double-click the downloaded file and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Pill 2.0, Beats Pill+, Powerbeats2 Wireless, Powerbeats3 Wireless,
      Studio Wireless, Studio3 Wireless, Solo2 Wireless, Solo3 Wireless, or Beatsx
    • A recent version of Apple Safari, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Internet Explorer
    • macOS Sierra 10.12 or later; or Windows 7 or later
  2. Plug into USB port

Plug your Beats product directly into the USB port of your computer using the appropriate cable:

• Beats Pill+ and Beatsx: Lightning-to-USB cable
    • Other Beats products: micro-USB-to-USB cable that supports data transfer
  3. Check for firmware updates

Click the Beats status icon in your menu bar, then click the name of your product to go to the Beats Updater website.

If a firmware update is available, and your battery is at least 20% charged, you'll see an Update button in your browser window.

4. Update your firmware

Click Update, then follow the onscreen instructions.

I hope these steps help with your BeatsX. If the issue persists, it sounds like the next best step is to Contact Apple Support .

Kindest regards.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2018 11:36 AM in response to chad1776

Hi chad1776,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. From your post, I see your BeatsX aren't remaining connected to your iPhone.

A great step to try here is a reset of your BeatsX. The instructions you'll need can be found below, from the article titled Set up and use your BeatsX earphones :
Reset
  1. Hold down these two buttons for 10 seconds:
    • Power button
    • Volume down button
  2. When the LED indicator light flashes, release the buttons. Your earphones are now reset and ready to be set up with your devices again.

Your post indicates you're using an iPhone 8 with iOS 12.0.1. Since recent versions of iOS will auto-update your Beats, yours should already be updated. However, if you have access to a computer, you might try these steps to Update the firmware of your Beats product and rule that out as a possible cause:

Use Beats Updater to keep your Beats wireless headphones, earphones, and speakers up to date with the latest firmware.

1. Install Beats Updater

If you meet the following system requirements, download Beats Updater, then double-click the downloaded file and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Pill 2.0, Beats Pill+, Powerbeats2 Wireless, Powerbeats3 Wireless,
      Studio Wireless, Studio3 Wireless, Solo2 Wireless, Solo3 Wireless, or Beatsx
    • A recent version of Apple Safari, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Internet Explorer
    • macOS Sierra 10.12 or later; or Windows 7 or later
  2. Plug into USB port

Plug your Beats product directly into the USB port of your computer using the appropriate cable:

• Beats Pill+ and Beatsx: Lightning-to-USB cable
    • Other Beats products: micro-USB-to-USB cable that supports data transfer
  3. Check for firmware updates

Click the Beats status icon in your menu bar, then click the name of your product to go to the Beats Updater website.

If a firmware update is available, and your battery is at least 20% charged, you'll see an Update button in your browser window.

4. Update your firmware

Click Update, then follow the onscreen instructions.

I hope these steps help with your BeatsX. If the issue persists, it sounds like the next best step is to Contact Apple Support .

Kindest regards.

Beats X won't connect after charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.