Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i recover deleted notes from the app notes.

[Re-Titled by Host]

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 25, 2018 4:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2018 10:15 AM

Here's a description of the sequence: How to Restore Notes from a Time Machine Backup - The Mac Observer

If you don't have Time Machine backups or some other backups available, and if the data was not recently deleted, then the data is very likely gone.

If Time Machine backups are not already running and you wish to start: How to use Time Machine to back up or restore your Mac - Apple Support

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2018 10:15 AM in response to sarajanefromflorence

Here's a description of the sequence: How to Restore Notes from a Time Machine Backup - The Mac Observer

If you don't have Time Machine backups or some other backups available, and if the data was not recently deleted, then the data is very likely gone.

If Time Machine backups are not already running and you wish to start: How to use Time Machine to back up or restore your Mac - Apple Support

Oct 26, 2018 4:35 PM in response to sarajanefromflorence

sarajanefromflorence wrote:

Sorry.....I have not backed up with Time Machine. I guess they are gone.

Most folks eventually lose data. Whether accidental deletions, corruptions, damage, hardware failures, theft, whatever, all storage and all computers will inevitably fail. Most of those folks that do lose data then start keeping backups.

The linked article does provide some other ways that might be able to recover the data.

Nov 1, 2018 4:46 PM in response to sarajanefromflorence

That's ok we've all been there. Most of us never realize we're better off buying an external drive to use with Time Machine until we've lost something we really needed or wanted, it happened to me and even worse a drive I was using finally failed too because they don't last forever. My advice to everyone is to get some form of an external drive for that which you need to have. You don't need to reply, I'm just posting this for all to see.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.