Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

fcp 7 audio/video drift/sync

I have a .mov video clip (ProRes 422 HQ, 720x480, 48kHz, 29.97, 16-bit Integer (Big Endian), Stereo) that plays just fine in Finder and in QuickTime Player (versions 7.6.6 and 10.3), but in Final Cut Pro (FCP) 7.0.3, the audio and video drift out of sync, more and more as the clip goes on.

The audio/video drifts out of sync just from playing in the FCP Viewer, before even getting to the Sequence/Timeline, so it is apparently NOT a Sequence Settings issue.

By the end of the hour-long clip, the video lags about a second behind the audio.

The clip also opens and plays just fine in Premiere Pro 5.5.

I saw some threads from 2010 where someone had the exact same problem with his 23.98 footage (whose solution was to retranscode his footage at 23.976), but my clip I'm dealing with is 29.97.

Anyone here know the solution to this?

In case it matters (although I'm thinking it shouldn't), I'm running OS10.9.5 on a Late-2011 MacBook Pro.

Thanks!

Message was edited by: TC3

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), MacBook Pro 15" late 2011

Posted on Oct 25, 2018 8:22 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

fcp 7 audio/video drift/sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.