Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backups on iCloud storage taking whole space

Good day, for a while I’m experiencing issues with iCloud storage. As you see in screenshot that I have attached, my storage is 5/5GB and backups are taking 4.7GB. When I open backups tab, it says 0KB. Is there any way to solve this problem? Thanks in advance.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Posted on Oct 26, 2018 3:01 AM

3 replies

Oct 26, 2018 5:33 PM in response to Pofkaar

Hi, Pofkaar!

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I understand there seems to be a discrepancy between the amount of iCloud storage you're taking up. You see that backups take up 4.7GB on one screen, but when you investigate further there is 0kb reported. I'm happy to help!

First, try checking your iCloud storage from another device, if possible. You can use another iOS device, by going to Apple  menu > System Preferences > iCloud > Manage on a Mac, or using iCloud for Windows on a Windows PC: Download iCloud for Windows - Apple Support .

If the discrepancy is only on this device, force close Settings: How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support , then restart your device: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support .

Should you still need some help managing your iCloud storage, check out Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support .

Regards.

Oct 29, 2018 7:25 AM in response to Pofkaar

Thanks for follow up, Pofkaar!

Taking a look at the screen shots from your Mac, it appears to be reporting the same information as your iPhone: there are 4.7GB of iCloud storage for backups, but there aren't any backups when you actually go to delete them.

Have you tried to delete the two 0 KB backups on the iPhone that are listed? If not, try doing that next: Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support .

If you're not able to do that, try signing out of iCloud on all devices you're using it with, then signing back in. I'd encourage you to archive your iCloud data beforehand: Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support , then follow the steps here: Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac - Apple Support .

If you're still having issues with the storage discrepancy, please get in touch with Apple Support directly, which you can do here: Contact Apple Support .

Have a good week.

Backups on iCloud storage taking whole space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.