Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Field test using iOS 12

I have an iPhone 6s running iOS 12. How can I initiate and use the field test mode?

Posted on Oct 27, 2018 8:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2018 1:58 PM

I just got an iPhone XR and I have iOS 12.1 on T-Mobile. The field test mode works fine with this setup. Just dial *3001#12345#* and select “LTE” and then select “Serving Cell Meas”. On the next screen, look for “rsrp0”, which is the received power level in dB from your primary cell tower. “rsrp1” is the signal power level received from the next best cell tower. The received power level should have a value from -50 to -130. The lower this numbe, the better your cell reception will be. A power level lower than -110 starts to be problematic. A level below -120 is dead zone territory.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2018 1:58 PM in response to paulh9788

I just got an iPhone XR and I have iOS 12.1 on T-Mobile. The field test mode works fine with this setup. Just dial *3001#12345#* and select “LTE” and then select “Serving Cell Meas”. On the next screen, look for “rsrp0”, which is the received power level in dB from your primary cell tower. “rsrp1” is the signal power level received from the next best cell tower. The received power level should have a value from -50 to -130. The lower this numbe, the better your cell reception will be. A power level lower than -110 starts to be problematic. A level below -120 is dead zone territory.

Field test using iOS 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.