Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Related Article: Use AirPlay to stream audio

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My sonos one speakers will not connect following the above steps - I have updated the sonos but they are not displayed over airplay

I have updated my sonos one speakers. As part of the update I was informed that Airplay will find the speakers and allow playback via Airplay. The speakers are not visible on Airplay despite following the steps on the Apple website.

iPhone 5s, iOS 12.0.1

Posted on Oct 28, 2018 2:20 AM

3 replies

Oct 30, 2018 1:56 PM in response to cejones91

There is nothing more to it. All AirPlay compatible output devices should be discoverable on the same network, User uploaded file, both for in-app AirPlay on iOS, as well as the Audio Card in Control Center. How to AirPlay audio - Apple Support

Maybe your router blocks some network traffic that is used for discovery? (Port 5353 UDP is used by the Bonjour discovery protocol.) Other devices on your network would be affected as well, if such is the case.

My sonos one speakers will not connect following the above steps - I have updated the sonos but they are not displayed over airplay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.