Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Open Numbers Files on iCloud....

Yesterday, I could, but today I can't. I have a file that I've been logging blood pressure, heart rate, and weight since I was in the hospital in June. This morning, when I attempted to open and update the file with new readings, my Mac gave me a message that said "Time To Update." If I choose 'Not Now', nothing happens. When I attempted to update Numbers, I received a message stating 'Numbers can't be installed on this Mac'. I even downloaded a copy,and am still re-directed to the app store. I am running El Capitan on an iMac (20-inch, Mid 2007). I know I need to update the OS, but the new OS won't work with my computer. I can't afford a new computer. Apple is holding my files hostage until I get a new hardware platform to run a newer OS. Thanks Apple. Any help available would be greatly appreciated.

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.2)

Posted on Oct 28, 2018 8:11 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Oct 31, 2018 2:13 PM in response to jasivak

I was able to export the .numbers file to excel format on my iPhone, and send that to my computer. Worked pretty well, a few easily identified issues had to be corrected. So now I have "given up" on Numbers and, unfortunately, have migrated to the MS solution. There are also Share Ware programs that can read Excel formats. Open Office is one that I have used in the past. Hope this could work for you as well.

Can't Open Numbers Files on iCloud....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.