Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

removing searchitnow on firefox

Attempting to rid my MAC os of the searchitnow bar and some mac photo cleaner software?

Have removed this stuff before however this time there is no clear application.

iMac

Posted on Oct 28, 2018 10:54 AM

5 replies

Nov 10, 2018 12:41 PM in response to Eric Root

Hi Eric,

Managed to pic up this malware following a fake Adobe Flash update a couple of days ago. Thanks for such a thorough explanation of the steps to take. I still have something though - managed to remove the problem from Chrome and Firefox, but still present with Safari and can't see what else to try. No extensions, and in all the initial steps outlined found nothing newly installed in any of those library folders. A search in the address bar of safari briefly flashes up a Google result but then switches to Bing. Any further suggestions?

Trevor

(Nearly 30 years of mac use and finally dealing with my first issue.)

Nov 11, 2018 12:40 PM in response to Trevor C

I don't know what OS version you are using. The Malwarebytes download will only work in 10.10 or later.

Download this program which was written by Thomas Reed, a long time poster. The program will search for malware/adware The program will do the work for you which makes it easy. There is no reason to leave it installed once troubleshooting is finished. The free version doesn't update itself. If you need it again, you can download it again.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac 10.10 and later

Malwarebytes uninstall

Please use the manual uninstall only.

https://www.2-spyware.com/remove-bing-redirect-virus.html

How to get rid of Bing.com Redirect - Virus removal guide

removing searchitnow on firefox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.