Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod Xbox 360

can you play song bought on itunes on the Xbox 360 i cant find any of my songs

Posted on Feb 18, 2007 8:41 PM

8 replies

Mar 4, 2007 12:39 PM in response to Dieds

"can you play song bought on itunes on the Xbox 360 i cant find any of my songs"

Actually, no you can't, as Jeff correctly stated. This is from the link you posted:

"Xbox 360 is compatible only with AAC files that are not protected by DRM (digital rights management). Incompatible files will appear grayed out in the Xbox Dashboard."

Mar 4, 2007 1:19 PM in response to deggie

deggie's right. If you have songs on your iPod that have been purchased through the iTunes Music Store, you are either going to have to burn them to a CD, rip them back into iTunes, and then transfer them back onto your iPod (which I doubt anyone would want to do, or you can just plug it in to a pair of speakers. I listen to music from my iPod and my xbox 360 game sound by wearing my iPod headphones in my ears first, then I put a large pair of headphones over those. It's pretty cool.
I hate Microsoft for not allowing it so I can play DRM'd music files from my iPod plugged into my 360. I'm like, "I'm going to listen to the songs anyway, no matter where I have to play it. So why can't you be the bigger person in this fight? You're acting just like Apple!"

By the way, does anyone know if you can play songs bought from the Zune Marketplace on your 360? Because don't their songs have DRM too?

Mar 13, 2007 4:14 AM in response to VeryBadCheese

Tracks purchased from the Zune Marketplace do work on the 360. I bought a couple while Iowned a Zune and they came through on the 360 just fine. Of course these are both Microsoft in-house products, so I'm sure that's why the Zune purchases will play and the others won't. Last I heard Plays For Sure didn't work, but the Zune Marketplace uses something else.

Mar 13, 2007 3:46 PM in response to Crazybernie

Hi!

"I heard Plays For Sure didn't work..."

Hahahahaha!

It's called "Plays For SURE" and it doesn't play.

Oh, the irony.

I'm totally ****** about all this music/video downloading/sharing crap.

If they had ONE standard, it would be OK (that's what a STANDARD is), but there are many, and they are non-compatible.

I was trying to listen to an Avril album that I bought my son on RealPlayer (.rax files). RealPlayer said I wasn't authorized to listen to the Avril tracks. Not authorized? I BOUGHT them with my credit card. I only have ONE profile with one username and password on RealPlayer. ***???

Then, I'm trying to listen to some tracks via Windows Media Player, and it says I don't have the license for them. Here I am, holding the CD that I BOUGHT and that I loaded onto my hard drive, and the crap MS software is telling me I don't have the rights to my own music!

Then the "record" companies (and there's the problem there-they haven't figured out they're MUSIC companies and NOT RECORD companies-nobody buys records now...you idiots!) wonder why people are "illegally" swapping and sharing media.

Maybe it's because you F'ed it all up, and legitimate buyers can't even listen to the music they legally purchased.

ARE ANY MUSIC EXECS LISTENING?????!!!!!!!

Morons.... must've gotten their MBAs at the same schools the airline execs did.

cliff
LRD

Mar 13, 2007 5:21 PM in response to atpcliff

Excuse me, I buy records. And CDs

For the most part I agree with everyone that it would be nice to lose DRM, yada, yada, yada, but read how many posts there are her where people are asking, "how do I put all my friends tunes on my iPod so I can have them too." And these are the ones not smart enough to figure it out for themselsves, how many others are already doing so.

Ipod Xbox 360

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.