Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multi-parent controls

I am the family organizer and my wife is a parent/guardian. She is not getting alerts / requests from the child’s device (but I am). We are both in the same family sharing group and she can see the child in her family share settings, but the child does not appear in the settings-screentime. Is there a special setting we need to change for her to see the child, make changes to screentime for the child and get alerts for things like approving an app download or adding more time?

iOS 12.0.1

Posted on Oct 29, 2018 7:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2018 12:24 PM

Hello jbs909,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that while you have enabled the Parent/Guardian setting for your wife in the Family Sharing settings, she is not receiving the Ask to Buy notification but you are. Furthermore, she cannot see the child in the Screen Time settings on her iPhone. Make sure the child's Apple ID has the correct date of birth as this can prevent the child from showing up in the Screen Time settings. You can log into their Apple ID using the link below:

Apple ID - Apple Support

Also, toggle the Parent/Guardian switch off and then on again:

Request and make purchases with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

Choose another approver

The organizer can give another parent or guardian in the group permission to manage Ask to Buy requests. Only one adult needs to manage each purchase, and after it's done, the purchase is final.

• On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > [your name] > Family Sharing, tap your family member, then tap Parent/Guardian. If you're using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud > Family.
  • On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences > iCloud, select your family member, then select Parent/Guardian
Best Regards.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2018 12:24 PM in response to jbs909

Hello jbs909,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that while you have enabled the Parent/Guardian setting for your wife in the Family Sharing settings, she is not receiving the Ask to Buy notification but you are. Furthermore, she cannot see the child in the Screen Time settings on her iPhone. Make sure the child's Apple ID has the correct date of birth as this can prevent the child from showing up in the Screen Time settings. You can log into their Apple ID using the link below:

Apple ID - Apple Support

Also, toggle the Parent/Guardian switch off and then on again:

Request and make purchases with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

Choose another approver

The organizer can give another parent or guardian in the group permission to manage Ask to Buy requests. Only one adult needs to manage each purchase, and after it's done, the purchase is final.

• On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > [your name] > Family Sharing, tap your family member, then tap Parent/Guardian. If you're using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud > Family.
  • On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences > iCloud, select your family member, then select Parent/Guardian
Best Regards.

Multi-parent controls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.