Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to reopen the Preview Pane in Mail

I use Apple Mail (Version 11.5 on macOS 10.13.6) in Classic View. The Preview Pane was always open at the bottom of the Mail window. But now the Preview pane has disappeared! Only the thin "Drag Bar" is visible at the bottom. See the following screenshot:

User uploaded file

I ahve tried to drag up the Drag Bar (marked up in the screenshot with the red ellipse), but it just does do anything.

How can I make the Preview Pane reappear? It's pretty vital for my workflow!

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Oct 29, 2018 10:21 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Oct 30, 2018 1:40 AM in response to BDAqua

Thanks BDAqua for entering the conversation. I can see my screenshot is a bit misleading: The Preview Pane doesn't show even when a message is selected.

And, yes, I try to drag up the center tick, but it doesn't move up - with or without an email message selected.

To clarify: This is a new thing When i started out with (High) Sierra, the Preview pane appeared. Just now, suddenly it disappeared...

Oct 30, 2018 3:34 AM in response to dialabrain

Thanks heaps, dialabrain.

That was exactly the issue: I never dragged the bar far enough up - because the user interface gives you no feedback at all on dragging the bar: the drag bar does move, even no out line moves with your drag, nothing! The pane suddenly appears when you - against your intuition - move the mouse pointer up quite a lot.

Pretty misleading UI... But now I'm in the know! Thanks again.

How to reopen the Preview Pane in Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.