Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nike Run Club on Apple Watch not syncing with iPhone

Before I updated my Apple Watch series 1, when I started a run with Nike Run on my iPhone 7, the Nike Run app on my Apple Watch (Nike, Series 1) would display the run I started on iPhone (after a brief delay). So rather than tap the Start button on Watch once I started it on iPhone, the Watch would eventually realize I was already running with the iPhone app, and the two would be in sync. Now, when I start my run on my iPhon, my Apple Watch just displays the start button screen but never syncs with the started run. If I press the start button manually, it starts 2 separate runs. I’ve tried reinstalling the apps on both devices hoping that would fix the issue but that doesn’t work. This is so annoying! Any help would be appreciated

iPhone 4S

Posted on Oct 30, 2018 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2018 12:02 PM

jjflo12:

You are not alone. I've seen this quite frequently on my Nike AW2. I've got three "work arounds" but no fix.

1. The Hammer:

Just before the run (for example while you're warming up), open NRC on the iPhone, then start a NRC run on the AW for 20-30 seconds then cancel it. You should notice a "pop up" on the iPhone announcing a run has started. Next, beginning the real run on the iPhone seems to always start the run on the AW as well.

2. The screwdriver:

If I've started a run on the iPhone and noticed after roughly a minute of running, the NRC AW app has launched but hasn't started the run, quit NRC from the AW dock and restart on AW.

3. The Feather:

If I've started a run on the iPhone and noticed after roughly a minute that NRC launched on AW but hasn't started displaying the run, swipe left or right on the NRC watch display. It usually then displays the spinning dots and starts the run display.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2018 12:02 PM in response to jjflo12

jjflo12:

You are not alone. I've seen this quite frequently on my Nike AW2. I've got three "work arounds" but no fix.

1. The Hammer:

Just before the run (for example while you're warming up), open NRC on the iPhone, then start a NRC run on the AW for 20-30 seconds then cancel it. You should notice a "pop up" on the iPhone announcing a run has started. Next, beginning the real run on the iPhone seems to always start the run on the AW as well.

2. The screwdriver:

If I've started a run on the iPhone and noticed after roughly a minute of running, the NRC AW app has launched but hasn't started the run, quit NRC from the AW dock and restart on AW.

3. The Feather:

If I've started a run on the iPhone and noticed after roughly a minute that NRC launched on AW but hasn't started displaying the run, swipe left or right on the NRC watch display. It usually then displays the spinning dots and starts the run display.

Nike Run Club on Apple Watch not syncing with iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.