Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 2014 can’t find update

My MacBook Pro mid-2014 is currently running macOS Mojave 10.14 and I am trying to update to 10.14.1. For some reason system preferences is telling me that macOS Mojave 10.14 is update to date, which isn’t possible since 10.14.1 is released. I tried restarting my computer, but with no luck.

I also tried downloading the update from the link below, but I’m getting an error saying that “macOS 10.14.1 Update can’t be installed on this disk. This volume does not meet the requirements for this update."

Download macOS Mojave 10.14.1 Update

Why isn’t my MacBook Pro meeting the requirements for this update? I have plenty of storage available so this is not making any sense. I did notice that “Install macOS updates” was checked in the advanced section of Software Update in system preferences, but it is saying that I’m still on macOS 10.14.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on Oct 30, 2018 1:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2018 12:48 PM

If I were you, I would re-download the Mojave full installer from the App Store app and install it overtop of your 18A389 build. That should get you up to the 18A390 build and perhaps the System Preferences Software Update will kick in with an update.

14 replies

MacBook Pro 2014 can’t find update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.