Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Review Apple ID Phone Number for iCloud

After recently upgrading my iPhone to iOS 12 and MacBook Pro to Mojave, the iCloud keeps asking me to "Review Apple ID Phone Number".

On Mac:

On iPhone:

Then if I click it, it will be gone for a few minutes and then come back again. I'm wondering how to disable this annoying notification.

I used to use my iPhone but now I have switched to another android phone, so the sim card is no longer in the iPhone now. I tried insert the sim card back last night and it didn't show up the notification again, however, after pulling it out from the iPhone, the notification comes back.

Please, I don't want to use the old iPhone any more. How can I disable this annoying thing?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 30, 2018 9:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2018 6:56 PM

I had this error on my mac too. It keeps telling me that I should review my apple id phone number, but when I click the review button (usually it won't work for the first time, you should click it for twice), it would pop up a dialogue telling me to change or keep the number. Then when you click on "change number", you would receive a verification code on the phone (I am using a Samsung, not sure if it is the same if you are using an iPhone), but it turns out that there is nowhere for you to input that 6-digit code. And finally, I found that only when you log in your apple account on the website, and you do the same procedure, you can find the place to input your code after you receive it on your phone. Now, no irritating messages finally.

Hope this is helpful.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2018 6:56 PM in response to demonzoo

I had this error on my mac too. It keeps telling me that I should review my apple id phone number, but when I click the review button (usually it won't work for the first time, you should click it for twice), it would pop up a dialogue telling me to change or keep the number. Then when you click on "change number", you would receive a verification code on the phone (I am using a Samsung, not sure if it is the same if you are using an iPhone), but it turns out that there is nowhere for you to input that 6-digit code. And finally, I found that only when you log in your apple account on the website, and you do the same procedure, you can find the place to input your code after you receive it on your phone. Now, no irritating messages finally.

Hope this is helpful.

Review Apple ID Phone Number for iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.