Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sign in to iCloud mail

I have an iCloud email separate on my iCloud ID.

Yesterday, said it couldn't send email from this account. I thought there was a glitch so I deleted the account from my iPad with the intent of adding that to get rid of the glitch. I also assumed I could go to Safari and sign in.

I am unable to add the account back to my iPad.

I also cannot figure out how to sign in to my iCloud mail that is separate from my Apple ID.

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi, iOS 11.4.1

Posted on Oct 31, 2018 5:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2018 7:54 PM

Hello mabellucy,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with your iCloud email address. I am happy to offer some options.

First, try re-adding the account back. This article should help. iCloud: Set up iCloud Mail on your devices - Apple Support

If you still have trouble, this article has troubleshooting: Get help using iCloud Mail If you need help sending or receiving mail on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you need help sending or receiving mail on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Make sure that you're connected to the Internet. Try to open apple.com in Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  2. Go to iCloud.com on a Mac or PC to see if you can receive email for your iCloud email.
  3. Tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud and turn on Mail on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. If you're using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud.
  4. Make sure that new data is pushed to your device automatically:
    • On your device with iOS 10 and later, tap Settings > Mail > Accounts > Fetch New Data and turn on Push.
    • On your device with iOS 9 and earlier, tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, and Calendars > Fetch New Data and turn on Push.
    • Then send an email to your account to see if Push is working.
  5. Go back to Fetch New Data. Then Tap your iCloud account and turn on Push. If you have multiple iCloud Mail accounts, you can use Push with one account at a time. Make sure that Push is turned on for your primary iCloud Mail account.
  6. Turn your device off and back on.

If you still can't send or receive mail, turn off each of the settings in steps 3, 4, and 5 above, then turn them back on.

If you still have an issue, please contact AppleCare for more help:

Get more help

Use these steps if you need help sending or receiving email in the Mail app on your Mac.

If you still need help, contact iCloud Support.

Thanks and have a wonderful day.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2018 7:54 PM in response to mabellucy

Hello mabellucy,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with your iCloud email address. I am happy to offer some options.

First, try re-adding the account back. This article should help. iCloud: Set up iCloud Mail on your devices - Apple Support

If you still have trouble, this article has troubleshooting: Get help using iCloud Mail If you need help sending or receiving mail on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you need help sending or receiving mail on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Make sure that you're connected to the Internet. Try to open apple.com in Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  2. Go to iCloud.com on a Mac or PC to see if you can receive email for your iCloud email.
  3. Tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud and turn on Mail on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. If you're using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud.
  4. Make sure that new data is pushed to your device automatically:
    • On your device with iOS 10 and later, tap Settings > Mail > Accounts > Fetch New Data and turn on Push.
    • On your device with iOS 9 and earlier, tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, and Calendars > Fetch New Data and turn on Push.
    • Then send an email to your account to see if Push is working.
  5. Go back to Fetch New Data. Then Tap your iCloud account and turn on Push. If you have multiple iCloud Mail accounts, you can use Push with one account at a time. Make sure that Push is turned on for your primary iCloud Mail account.
  6. Turn your device off and back on.

If you still can't send or receive mail, turn off each of the settings in steps 3, 4, and 5 above, then turn them back on.

If you still have an issue, please contact AppleCare for more help:

Get more help

Use these steps if you need help sending or receiving email in the Mail app on your Mac.

If you still need help, contact iCloud Support.

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Oct 31, 2018 7:53 PM in response to mabellucy

There have been problems in recent days with sending emails from iCloud email account, including Mac.com and me.com. This is affecting the SMTP server for iCloud. I spoke with Apple yesterday and they told me the engineers are currently working on a fix. It has been working sporadically on and off since last night and today.

Sign in to iCloud mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.