Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store App is missing after iOS 12 Upgrade

I upgraded my iPod Touch (6 Gen) to iOS 12. I made a clean install. Everything works as intended, only the App Store App icon has disappeared, so that I cannot install prior puchases of games and apps...

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Oct 31, 2018 7:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2018 11:56 AM

Hello Sturmich,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that the App Store is missing on your iPod touch after recently updating. You've come to the right place! I'm happy to help. It's possible the App Store is on another screen or in a folder. Use Search to locate the App Store.
Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, it's possible a restriction has been enabled preventing App Store purchases. Follow the steps below:
1. Go to Settings and tap Screen Time.
2. Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions. If asked, enter your passcode.
3. Tap iTunes & App Store Purchases.
4. Choose Installing apps and set to Allow.

Let us know the results. Please include any other troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a wonderful day!
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2018 11:56 AM in response to Sturmich

Hello Sturmich,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that the App Store is missing on your iPod touch after recently updating. You've come to the right place! I'm happy to help. It's possible the App Store is on another screen or in a folder. Use Search to locate the App Store.
Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, it's possible a restriction has been enabled preventing App Store purchases. Follow the steps below:
1. Go to Settings and tap Screen Time.
2. Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions. If asked, enter your passcode.
3. Tap iTunes & App Store Purchases.
4. Choose Installing apps and set to Allow.

Let us know the results. Please include any other troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a wonderful day!

Nov 1, 2018 11:49 AM in response to raina_b22

Hello Becky,

Thanks for your advice. It were indeed the restrictions which were activated in the Screentime / Content & Privacy Restrictions / iTunes and App Store Purchases section.

Strange.

Strange because I had made a clean install and activated the iPod with the Apple ID of our granddaughter without any "restore from backup".

Seems that the settings of the restrictions are NOT device specific, but rather Apple ID account specific.... !!

Best regards

Mike

App Store App is missing after iOS 12 Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.