Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The Preview search is not working in Mojave.

I think somebody else in this forum pointed out the same questions before. The searching function in Preview is not functioning under Mojave. The keyword could be found in the same document in Adobe Reader and could be found in the previous OS versions but not this one. This is a disaster to a pdf reader like me.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Oct 31, 2018 1:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2018 3:22 PM

You're welcome. It doesn't happen with every PDF but it's definitely a bug. You can send Apple a bug report from the feedback page. You just need to change the feedback type. Feedback - macOS - Apple

Similar questions

7 replies

Nov 22, 2018 2:23 AM in response to xksds58

Closing (command-W) and re-opening the file makes search work again. But what worked for me, avoiding the nuisance of closing/re-opening the file, is to change something under preview preferences (this forces to modify the preference file, and you can change it again as it was before later on), quit the application and restart it. It seems this fixes everything for good.

The Preview search is not working in Mojave.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.