Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

dashboard is gone in Mojave

what happened to the nice feature dashboard? In high sierra, i could slide to the left to get to my stock tickers, calculator, weather app, etc but in Mojave that seems to be gone? When i take a look in the 'hot corner' section (settings > screen savers), it is still there as an option. Is this a bug?

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, 2 TBT3), macOS Mojave (10.14.1)

Posted on Nov 1, 2018 2:06 PM

5 replies

Nov 8, 2018 8:04 PM in response to dialabrain

I keep setting two Dashboard triggering options in System Preferences on my 2015 iMac (Mojave 10.14.1) - both the Hot Corner and a Function key - but while these work as set (Overlay or Space), this preference isn't restored after a reboot ever since I installed Mojave.

The Dashboard 'as an Overlay or Space' resets to Off on the reboot and I have to set it up all over again. The [Function] key preference does still show as set after a reboot, but the set [F6] key just responds with a slight screen flicker and a default error sound - no Dashboard until I go through the System Settings and reset the Overlay/Space options again.

I have a few favourite widgets that aren't catered for in the Notifications drop-down column (Calendar, Dictionary and Thesaurus for instance), so messing about clicking through System Preferences to restore a Dashboard trigger every time is annoying. These Dashboard settings seem to be the only System Preferences that don't 'stick'. Other Hot Corner and [Fn] key options, for example Screensaver and 'Show Desktop', are saved and survive a reboot.

Is there a fix using Terminal to ensure this setting is saved?

dashboard is gone in Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.